Thursday, January 6, 2011

it all started with a bra.

Yes, a bra. About a year ago I was wandering through the ladies department at Walmart with my mom when I came across a bra so ridiculous that I snapped a picture of it and sent it to my sister. And today, more than a year later as that same sister and I were wandering through Walmart we marveled at all of the ridiculous fashion wonders before us. For the next 365 days, my sister Anne and I hope to bring a smile to your face with a Walmart fashion find.

So, this is the fated bra. It disturbs me on so many levels. First, why is a fabric being used that is appealing to a girl that probably can't even read yet, let alone require a bra, or a Push-Up bra for that matter? Second, Walmart has an abundance of bras for sale like this that are insanely colorful with funky patterns or textures. Is this all lingerie or are women supposed to wear these bras under clothes? Or maybe if you buy a bra like this you want people to see it through your shirt. Fruit of the Loom...I expected more.

2 comments:

  1. What I like is that it also says "& bikini set". I wonder how many people bought this bra set and use it as a swimsuit too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right. The print might be more suited for a bikini actually.

    ReplyDelete